Pros and cons of building a home in GTA
Get Your Free Quote Now
If you plan on building a house, then you definitely made huge progress compared to your fellow citizens. Not a lot of people can actually commend about building their own house and starting their life there. However, it still bears its own risks. To construct a house, you need to invest a lot of time, energy, and of course, money. Nevertheless, if you play your cards right, you will make your dreams come true. That’s why Movers Toronto is here to make that path easier for you to walk on. All in all, if you want to know whether or not building a home in GTA is a good idea, stay with us.
Moving to Greater Toronto Area
Alright, so you’re moving to Greater Toronto Area. In case you didn’t know, you just hit the lottery! This is an amazing place to visit, let alone live there. With its astonishing low crime rates, innovation hubs, exquisite job opportunities, and so many other things, you will definitely love it there. Greater Toronto Area, or GTA for short, includes the very city of Toronto and regional municipalities such as Durham, York, Peel, and Halton. It has a population of over six million and includes lake Ontario as well. You will grow to love it pretty fast.
Once you settle in GTA, you need to take advantage of every opportunity you get. This includes work chances, city tours, the opportunity to have economic prosperity, and so on. Additionally, you will probably feel more comfortable once we tell you that GTA is a multicultural melting pot. It welcomes people from all over the globe. So, you should take your chances and contact our cheap moving companies Toronto! Once you schedule your relocation, you can start planning your life in GTA!
So, let’s look back and see why moving to Greater Toronto Area might be the best decision of your life:
- Low crime rates – Keep in mind that we are talking about a large area here. Managing to keep things safe and secure is not an easy thing to do and we praise those who make it happen.
- The economy is constantly booming – Whether you’re looking for a job or want to start something new, GTA is the place for it. You will be glad to know that this is an economically stable area.
- You will never get bored – In case your work bores you or you simply want to enjoy some quality family time, you chose the right place. There are so many museums, galleries, restaurants, sports centers, and outdoor activities you can enjoy.
- Diversity is a major plus – Besides feeling comfortable in your own skin, you will have the opportunity to meet people who nurture different cultures. And isn’t that a precious experience?
Building a home in GTA
If we want to talk about building a home in GTA, we need to go over some basics. For instance, you need to know how much it costs to build a house in Toronto and its neighboring cities. Since you plan on moving there, you probably checked some information already. Still, we would like to pitch in our ideas and meet you halfway. Before we dig into that, make sure you check out our Scarborough movers. If you want to relocate your belongings while looking up places to build a house, we are at your disposal.
First of all, there are two types of costs to consider when building a home in GTA:
- Hard costs – These directly depend on the location site, house design, construction materials, and the project size. Therefore, this refers to any cost that’s related to building, framing, roofing, etc.
- Soft costs – On the other hand, these costs are indirectly associated with hard costs. They mostly revolve around agents, management, and legal fees, as well as taxes, engineering, building permits, and so on.
It’s good to note that hard costs will take in roughly 70% of your entire budget, while the rest belongs to soft costs. However, certain things like building permits could cost around 30,000 US dollars for a single-family home. Anyway, we strongly advise you to start planning this at least a few years prior. Of course, this doesn’t mean you have to intensively think about it. But, it would be good to know that you have your budget figured out on time.
All the pros of building a home in GTA
To be honest, there are more pros than cons when it comes to building a home in GTA. That’s because you will get to live in a safe borough, surrounded by good and honest people. However, you need to keep in mind your budget and the level of organization. While you handle that part, our last minute movers can handle the moving part. Nevertheless, let’s see why it would pay off to build a house in GTA:
- Great land to build on
- No restrictions from your local community
- You will save more money in the long run
- Control your own timeline
- You will build a house you always dreamed of
Why it might not be the best idea to build a home in GTA?
There are always both pros and cons of building a home, especially if it’s in the Great Toronto Area. But, it’s important to emphasize the fact that it’s entirely up to the owner to decide what they’ll do. Nevertheless, we will note some general cons of building a home:
- High costs
- A lot of noise and dirt
- Stress all over the place
- Unexpected costs
Weighing all your options
Finally, we listed all the reasons why building a home in GTA is a good idea. Still, it’s up to you to put it all on a piece of paper and make your own choice. After all, we are rooting for you to build a house there and start living an amazing life surrounded by nothing but positivity. All in all, good luck and don’t hesitate to reach out if you need something!
Movers Toronto were our movers. They were on time, fast, saved us a lot of money and were very careful and respectful. My wife and I have used a lot of moving companies over the years and believe me, these guys are not only the best value out there, you can trust them.